These delicious oat milk pancakes are super easy to make! They are light and fluffy and super simple to make. This recipe is the perfect amount for 4-5 people. Feel free to half or double the recipe if needed.
How to Make Oat Milk Pancakes
To make fluffy oat milk pancakes, just add everything to a large mixing bowl, dry ingredients and wet ingredients. Then whisk the pancake batter together until a smooth batter forms. Stop mixing once everything is incorporated. You don’t want to over mix the pancakes. This can lead to tough rubbery pancakes.
Once you have your pancake batter, add the batter to a hot non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook each side until golden brown.
This oat milk pancake recipe is an easy recipe you can make for a weekday breakfast or a Saturday morning.
Oat Milk Pancake Ingredients
These fluffy oat milk pancakes are made with fairly simple ingredients that you should be able to find at any grocery store.
- All Purpose Flour: To keep these pancakes light and fluffy make sure to use all purpose flour. Whole wheat flour would be too heavy for these pancakes. If you really want to add it, you can swap out a quarter or half of the flour for whole wheat.
- Sugar: This recipe calls for 2 tablespoons for sugar to add a little sweetness to the pancake. If you want to do less you can do1 tbsp or just skip it completely.
- Baking Powder and Soda: This is what makes theses fluffy pancakes. The baking powder puffs up the pancake batter. Without this they will be very flat and hard.
- Oat Milk: You can use any type of oat milk you have. You can substitute regular milk, soy milk, or almond milk if you need.
- Butter: Melt the butter before adding it to the mix. If you don’t want to use butter you can swap it for coconut oil or vegetable oil.
- Eggs: Use 2 large eggs in this recipe. You can also swap it out for a flax egg if you prefer.
- Vanilla Extract: This isn’t necessary but it adds a great flavor to the pancakes!
Other ingredients that would be good in these pancakes are chocolate chips, blueberries, or a dash of cinnamon. I love these plain and just adding different toppings, but feel free to add whatever mix-ins to make them perfect for you.
What are the best toppings for oat milk pancakes
My favorite toppings are jam and maple syrup. I love using a thicker jam that has some berries or cherries still in it. Another great option is chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans with maple syrup. You could also spread some peanut butter over your pancakes.
A simple topping that is also delicious is some butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
How to store leftover pancakes
This recipe makes about 16-24 pancakes, depending on how large you make them. If you have leftovers, you can store them in the freezer. Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. Layer parchment paper between them so they don't stick to each other. You can reheat them in the microwave to make the perfect weekday breakfast!
If you know you are going to have them in the next couple of days you can just store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can these be made into vegan pancakes?
Yes! These are already dairy-free pancakes thanks to the oat milk. To make them fully vegan, use coconut oil or vegan butter instead of the butter. Also use flax eggs or an egg replacer instead of real eggs.
What to Serve with Oat Milk Pancakes
These pancakes are perfect with a side of fresh fruit or fresh berries. I love making a fruit salad with strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and banana. If you are cooking for a larger group, you can make something savory like a veggie quiche or an egg bake. that way you can have that baking in the oven while you are cooking the pancakes.
Other Breakfasts You Might Like
If you like this oat milk pancake recipe you might also like these sweet breakfasts: